What is app-ads.txt?
App-ads.txt is an extension of ads.txt to mobile and over-the-top video apps, providing a way for publishers to declare who is authorized to sell their inventory.
What is the benefit of app-ads.txt?
App-ads.txt creates greater transparency in the supply chain and makes it harder for bad actors to profit from selling counterfeit inventory.
We strongly encourage all publishers to adopt app-ads.txt as our brand and agency clients, as well as DSPs, use it to validate that they are buying inventory through an authorized source, not doing so will negatively affect your revenue.
Here’s how to get started:
Ensure “developer website” field in app store (e.g., Google Play, Apple App Store, Roku Store) is published with a current URL
Create a .txt file named “app-ads.txt” and add Verve entries below to the file
- verve.com, ACCOUNT ID, DIRECT, 0c8f5958fc2d6270 #Verve (Contact your Verve Account Manager for your Account ID)
- rubiconproject.com, 15278, RESELLER, 0bfd66d529a55807 #Verve
- pubmatic.com, 156517, RESELLER, 5d62403b186f2ace #Verve
- spotxchange.com, 234183, RESELLER, 7842df1d2fe2db34 #Verve
- spotx.tv, 234183, RESELLER, 7842df1d2fe2db34 #Verve
- openx.com, 540543195, RESELLER, 6a698e2ec38604c6 #Verve
sabio.us, 100032, RESELLER, 96ed93aaa9795702 #Verve
- inmobi.com, c1e6d3502da64ebaa3ad0e4a4be15f11, RESELLER, 83e75a7ae333ca9d # Verve
Upload “app-ads.txt” file onto the root directory of the “developer website” URL referenced in Step 1